It really is the most wonderful time of the year in many ways, but particularly the most wonderful time of the year to decorate your home. Here are some tips to help you deck the halls with fun and joy.
1. Sparkle is a holiday essential. This is the one time of the year when you do not have to worry about going over the top.
2. Choose a color scheme and style that best fits your home. One of the design elements is repetition, so repeat your color scheme throughout your home.
3. When purchasing holiday decor, stick to your color scheme in ribbons and accessories. Add elements for your tablescaping, candles, throws, pillows, etc.
4. Try to have a focal point in each room that repeats your design. Say you have a candy cane theme for your Christmas tree, then candy canes could appear in garland and wreaths for the front doors.
5. Continue your color theme with outside decorations and lights that are in keeping with your look.
6. Use bows everywhere for a festive look.
7. Christmas potpourri smells wonderful and comes in many color schemes. Put it absolutely everywhere for the wonderful smells of Christmas to envelope you each time you walk in a room.
8. Most importantly, remember the reason for the season. Take time to reflect on your blessings. Sitting in your favorite easy chair in a room filled with the pleasant aromas of Christmas while enjoying a cup of hot cocoa to warm your heart and listening to “Chesnuts Roasting on an Open Fire,” playing in the background will make a believer out of just about everyone as to the beauty of the season.
Enjoy your home for the holidays. To happy decorating. More later!